Samir Becic Shares What’s Wrong With The Way We Work Out
Today we are joined by Samir Becic, originally from Bosnia. Samir was a former fitness director at Bally Total Fitness. He created his own unique fitness approach, the Resync method. He’s also founded the Health Fitness Revolution online magazine. During his time at Bally’s, he was also named the top fitness trainer in America four times, fitness director of the year twice, and Bally’s best fitness trainer. His upcoming book is called Resync Your Life, and in the episode you’re going to see that Samir has a ton of energy. He’s a total character. He’s loud. He’s got a lot to say, and a lot of ideas to share. We talk about fitness, we talk about nutrition, we talk about what’s wrong with all of the above in Western societies… and then we go into a little bit about mindset and why Samir chose the life path that he did.
I think you guys are really going to enjoy the episode and if you do make sure to leave a comment. Enjoy guys!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Samir Becic, and how did he get to where he is today?
- What is Samir’s new book about?
- Why did Samir Becic leave Bally’s fitness and develop his own fitness methodology?
- What does a Resync workout look like?
- What’s wrong with the way that people exercise today?
- A discuss of mindset, and how to maintain motivation
- What are the 5 components of health, in Samir’s eyes?
- The story of Samir Becic’s love affair with the United States, and why he emigrated there
- What is Samir’s thinking on diet, and what diet does he advocate in his book?
- Why are meditation and socialization surprisingly important parts of physical fitness?
- What can we learn from Albert Einstein’s personal fitness habits?
- What prompted Samir Becic to move to the US from Bosnia, and how did he make it?
- Who are the healthiest world leaders, and why?
- A bit of interesting Jewish Bosnian history
- Your homework for this week’s episode
- Where to reach Samir Becic online
- The #1 takeaway from this episode
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Samir’s new book, Resync Your Life
- Our previous episode with Robb Wolf
- Robb Wolf’s book, Wired To Eat
- Ancel Keyes (Wikipedia)
- The McGovern-Fraser Commission (Wikipedia)
- Health Fitness Revolution Magazine
- Samir’s website