This Life Skill Can Save You From Anything w/ Ryan Stewman: Ex Con Turned Millionaire Entrepreneur
Today we are joined by Ryan Stewman. Now, about his bio. Honestly, you can’t make this kind of stuff up. Ryan started out life with a very, very challenging upbringing. He was adopted got into all kinds of trouble. He got arrested for selling drugs. He got out…. but got arrested again, and spent a pretty good amount of time in prison.
But today, fast forward, and he is a millionaire entrepreneur. He runs six different businesses. He’s published four different books. He has three healthy children and a loving wife… He has really cleaned up his life, and has become an expert in sales and entrepreneurship.
Now you might be asking yourself at this point: “I mean, his workload sounds pretty superhuman. His time management sounds pretty superhuman. But what exactly is superhuman about this guy?” Well, first of, we do get into all of that: The entrepreneurship that he learned throughout his struggles. We get into what you can learn from such a challenging and trying experience, and how you can learn something like entrepreneurship. But beyond that, we also get into the skill of sales, and why I think it’s an important skill that anyone should have, whether it’s selling yourself at a job interview, selling yourself to that attractive guy or gal at the bar, or selling in your day job.
Throughout the interview, we talk a little bit about what good salesmanship or saleswomanship looks like, how you can learn it, and why we feel it’s a skill that will allow you to unlock your superhuman potential. There’s also some pretty touching personal stories in here, and obviously the story has a happy ending, because you can check out Ryan and all of his incredibly successful businesses today. Finally, there’s some instructions at the end of the episode that will get you a free copy of his book, so check that out!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Ryan Stewman, and what is he known for?
- A walk through Ryan’s extremely troubling childhood, and the path it lead him down
- How did Ryan Stewman end up going to jail – twice? Why was only one of them justified?
- When did Ryan discover entrepreneurship, and how did it save his life in many ways?
- What, if anything, did Ryan Stewman actually gain during his time in prison?
- What is HardCore Closer, and why did Ryan decide to focus on sales training of all things?
- Why is sales so important to Ryan? What does it mean to him and what’s his mission?
- What differentiates Ryan and his business to his competitors?
- What are all of the (many) companies that Ryan Stewman runs, and how did he start them?
- How does Ryan learn, and how has he learned so much so fast about his industry?
- How has Ryan’s perspective on business been influenced by his rough past?
- A discussion of sales, why it’s important for everyone, and how you can learn this important skill authentically
- How does Ryan Stewman manage his time so he can run 6 companies and balance his personal life?
- What does his daily routine look like? What time does he wake up?
- What are Ryan’s top books?
- Where did he learn to write so well?
- What’s the #1 takeaway you should remember from this episode?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- HardCore Closer
- BreakFree Academy
- Dale Carnegie’s How To Win Friends & Influence People
- Ryan’s top book reviews
- Kickass Copyrighting Secrets of a Marketing Rebel by John Carlton