How To Make The Leap Of Your Life And Thrive W/ Tommy Baker
Today we are joined by Tommy Baker. In case you haven’t heard of Tommy, he is the host of the Resist Average Academy podcast, and he helps dreamers, visionaries, and entrepreneurs bring their dreams to life —and create a life they just can’t wait to wake up for.
He is the author of UnResolution, The 1% Rule, and The Leap Of Your Life, and he helps people live up to their potential through his writing, coaching, podcasting, and many more activities.
In this wide-ranging episode, we talk not just about how to resist average and get yourself to the level that you want, but also where most people fall short, where they get stuck, and some of the things that both he and I have experienced in life that have made us pivot, change, grow and develop.
We go really deep, we go into biohacking, and although it takes us a little while to get into the conversation itself, I really enjoyed this episode. I learned a lot and I got a few really powerful ideas that I’m going to start implementing tomorrow in my journaling routine and in some of the warm-up rituals that I do every single morning.
It’s amazing to me that after 220 episodes I am still learning new things from guests like Mr. Tommy Baker. Please enjoy!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Cold showers and ice baths [5:20]
- The impact of breathing [7:00]
- Who is Tommy Baker and what does he do? [8:00]
- How did Tommy Baker get passionate about his mission? [9:10]
- What prevents many people to live their best life? [10:15]
- The balance between healthy and toxic ambition [12:20]
- It all starts with why [15:00]
- We should be focusing on people outside of ourselves to overcome procrastination [18:05]
- What is Tommy Baker’s why, and what is an amazing strategy to utilize yours? [19:00]
- Another journaling tip from Tommy Baker [23:00]
- The importance of adding intention and attention to the mix [25:30]
- What are some of the ways that we can change our beliefs? [27:00]
- What are some other things Tommy Baker does to perform at a high level? [30:00]
- Some books that have impacted Tommy’s life [31:55]
- What is the valuable twist behind Tommy Baker’s book? [32:55]
- Some homework for you from Tommy Baker [36:00]
- Where can you find Tommy’s book, The Leap of Your Life [38:30]
- Where can you find more about Tommy Baker? [39:00]
- Tommy Baker’s final takeaway message [39:20]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- UnResolution: How to Ditch Resolutions Forever, Live Life by Design, and Achieve Your Dreams by Tommy Baker
- The 1% Rule: How to Fall in Love with the Process and Achieve Your Wildest Dreams by Tommy Baker
- The Leap of Your Life: How to Redefine Risk, Quit Waiting For ‘Someday,’ and Live Boldly by Tommy Baker
- Resist Average Academy Podcast
- Our previous episode with Benjamin Hardy
- Tiger Woods by Armen Keteyian and Jeff Benedict
- Open by Andre Agassi
- On the Shortness of Life by Seneca
- Self-Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World by Cal Newport
- The Dip by Seth Godin
- Resist Average Academy Website