How to Learn Anything Faster (and Be Way More Productive) with Lifehacker Timothy Moser
This week, I’m happy to host another lifestyle entrepreneur who, like myself, is focusing his time and energies on teaching productivity, memory, and accelerated learning. Like me, he has chosen to live outside his home country, and runs a blog and podcast, called Master of Memory. Like me, he’s teaching courses online that help you learn faster and memorize more. He also has a company and a podcast called Ace Productivity where he focuses on productivity hacks to help you get more out of your time. On top of all of this, he also shares my passion for lifestyle design and travel… So, of course, with so much in common… I was really excited to sit down and talk to him and compare notes!
In this episode, we talked about productivity, accelerated learning, lifestyle design, and much, much more. We actually go into some very unique tricks for language learning that actually kind of blew my mind in the level of detail and clarity that they offer. You’ll learn how to hack grammar using memory palaces, how to memorize maps, how to look at life more productively, and a lot of other super fascinating stuff.
This episode does build a little bit on our previous memory related episodes with Dr. Anthony Metivier and Nelson Dellis, so you should make sure to listen to those either before or after this one, if you haven’t already.
Let me know what you think of this episode and share the most interesting piece of information you learned by sending a tweet to @gosuperhuman.
In this episode with Timothy Moser, we discuss:
- Thoughts on “competition” in the information economy
- Timothy Moser’s story and how he became a world traveler and lifestyle entrepreneur
- Why Timothy Moser chooses to live in 3 different cities – and why he chose each one
- How Timothy learned to learn more effectively, and what it is that he teaches his students
- Some hands-on, applicable techniques for learning new information like languages
- The power of frequency lists in learning languages
- How Timothy Moser uses memory palaces to learn both vocabulary and grammar (genius!)
- How Timothy is using pre-set images and pre-set memory palaces to accelerate people’s Spanish learning
- What things has Timothy used his accelerated learning skills to learn?’
- How to learn all the streets in any city in an hour and a half
- Timothy’s favorite behavioral or mindset “hack”
- What is Timothy’s #1 productivity tool?
- What subjects and disciplines is Timothy Moser learning right now?
- Insights on lifestyle design, planning your week, taking a day off, and more
- Our guests’s top book recommendation (as always)
- What would a $100 Timothy Moser quick-start kit look like?
- What is Timothy Moser working on next, and what are his goals for the rest of the year?
- Conferences recommended for online marketers and content creators
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Dr. Anthony Metivier’s podcast Magnetic Memory Method
- My course with Dr. Anthony Metivier, Branding You™: How to Build a Multimedia Internet Empire
- My course on accelerated learning: Become a SuperLearner: Learn Speed Reading & Advanced Memory
- My course on productivity: Become a Speed Demon: Productivity & Automation to Have More Time
- Timothy’s podcast, Master of Memory (iTunes)
- Timothy’s productivity podcast: ACE Productivity (iTunes)
- Timothy’s Accelerated Spanish Podcast
- The Pareto Principle or 80/20 rule
- Tim Ferriss and his books, especially The Four Hour Work Week and The Four Hour Chef
- eLance (now owned by Upwork)
- Evernote (highly recommended)
- The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande
- Phantastes by George MacDonald
Favorite Quotes from Timothy Moser: