Hollywood’s Body Transformation Secrets Exposed w/ Eric the Trainer
Today, we are joined by Eric the Trainer, a renowned fitness trainer who has worked with some of the greatest names in Hollywood. He’s trained UFC fighters, celebrities, and police academies alike, and he’s a spokesperson for Gold’s Gym, a writer for Muscle and Fitness and TRAIN magazine, and the Host of “Celebrity Sweat” on Spike TV.
In this episode, I wanted to gain some clearer understanding on the world of fitness training and muscle development, from someone who knows so much about it. But, in reality, I got much, much more than I was bargaining for. You see, because my guest today is literally THE force behind some of the most incredible physical transformations in Hollywood – the ones that make your jaw drop when you see them – my mind was opened up to a whole new realm of possibility.
We talk about diet, nutrition, and exercise – as we do in many episodes – but with the distinct difference that in this episode, we talk about the extreme end of the spectrum. The end where people’s bodies can be radically transformed in a matter of weeks or even days. And then, we tie it back to practical tips that you can use to do the same to create the body of your dreams – whatever that is. I just know you’re going to LOVE it.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How did Eric the Trainer get his nickname, and what is his background story?
- How Eric the Trainer went from a scrawny weakling to where he is today
- The process that Eric went through to learn everything he knows about training
- What is one of the biggest missing things in the world of fitness & training?
- What are your 3 distinct options in transforming your body?
- Which 3 elements are used to enact dramatic physical change?
- How do the most radical “bulk up” transformations actually work?
- What are the 3 cutting-edge techniques in the weight gain and bodybuilding industry today?
- What are “jet reps” and why are they beneficial?
- What are the most impressive celebrity transformations that Eric the Trainer has been involved with?
- A chat about Eric’s book and what it can teach you
- Eric the Trainer’s opinions on CrossFit
- Thoughts on carbohydrates and where you should get them from if you want to be attractive
- Where does Eric stand on dietary fats?
- A few extra really cool tips that Eric the Trainer offers on how to accelerate your transformation
- A very important on sleep and why it’s so important
- What are Eric the Trainer’s thoughts on supplements and supplementation and why?
- Thoughts on motivation and how you can push through when it gets tough
- What 1 lesson would Eric like you to take away?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Eric the Trainer’s book: Hollywood Muscle
- Eric’s online program: Get HollyWood Muscle
- Eric on Facebook
- Our previous episode with Brad Pilon
- Our previous episode with Abel James
- Recommended supplements