How To Figure Out Your Nutrition In The Modern World W/ Dr. David Friedman
Today we are joined by Dr. David Friedman. Dr. Friedman is a #1 bestselling author, a Doctor of Naturopathy, a Clinical Nutritionist and a Chiropractic Neurologist – in other words, he has a lot of degrees and certifications. He is actually a Board Certified Alternative Medical Practitioner, Board Certified in Integrative Medicine, and a registered Naturopathic Diplomate.
Dr. Friedman received a post-doctorate certification from Harvard Medical School, and is a former teacher of neurology – he has even authored a college textbook. He is an expert in all things body, nutrition, and nervous system, and you’ve probably seen him writing in U.S News & World Report, Newsweek, Readers Digest, Healthy Living, AARP Magazine, and Woman’s Day.
He’s also been a guest on over a hundred syndicated radio and television shows. Friedman’s list of clients has included many top celebrities like John Travolta, Jenny McCarthy, Jamie Lee Curtis, Val Kilmer, and Paul Newman. On top of all that, he hosts his own radio show.
So, what did we talk about in this episode? Well, most of the time we talked about the most important thing in health, which is nutrition. But we also learned a lot about chiropractic, both as a philosophy and as a practice.
I learned a ton in this episode about different ways to identify healthy foods, about different things that go on in the body when you eat certain foods, and also some really interesting health hacks that I’d never been exposed to.
This episode is full of insights that we haven’t heard in the show before, so I think you are really going to enjoy this – Dr. Friedman is just full of energy and has a really great personality.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Dr. David Friedman and what does he do? [4:30]
- How did Dr. Friedman get interested in health? [5:40]
- What is the philosophy behind chiropractic? [8:05]
- How often should you visit your chiropractor? [11:00]
- Dr. David Friedman’s interest and work on nutrition [11:55]
- What should we be careful about regarding food? [13:15]
- What should we be eating? [13:55]
- What are some foods that should be in every refrigerator? [15:10]
- The truth surrounding fish, mercury, and the food/pharma industry in general [17:30]
- What are some other foods Dr. Friedman suggests eating? [21:10]
- What’s Dr. Friedman’s take on dairy? [23:25]
- You need to trust your instincts [27:35]
- Dr. David Friedman’s take on supplements [28:25]
- How does Dr. Friedman approach learning? [30:25]
- What are some SuperHuman habits Dr. David Friedman utilizes? [33:25]
- How to identify what food you should be eating [34:55]
- What are some products or services Dr. Friedman can’t live without? [36:20]
- Should men that want to have kids be taking hot baths? [38:10]
- Does Dr. Friedman add magnesium in his hot baths? [39:10]
- What are the best $100 Dr. Friedman has ever spent? [40:00]
- What are some books that have changed Dr. Friedman’s life? [42:10]
- Dr. David Friedman’s final takeaway [43:35]
- Where can you learn more about Dr. Friedman? [44:50]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
The Vitamin Bible by Earl Mindell
Gray’s Anatomy, Textbook by Henry Gray (not the show)
- Food Sanity: How to Eat in a World of Fads and Fiction by Dr. David Friedman
- Diet for a New America by John Robbins
- Fit for Life by Harvey Diamond and Marilyn Diamond
- Dr. David Friedman’s website
- Food Sanity website
- Dr. David Friedman’s radio show
- Dr. David Friedman’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter