Economist Jeffrey Tucker: Bitcoin Will Unleash Humanity’s True Potential
Today we are actually joined by economist and author Jeffrey Tucker. Now, you might have heard of Jeffrey Tucker. He’s very popular in the Bitcoin scene. He’s an Austrian School economist…and you might be thinking, “what does this have to do with becoming superhuman?” Well, Jeffrey was here in the studio with me and we were talking about Bitcoin for a new project that I’ve been working on. Like myself, Jeffrey believes that Bitcoin is going to be one of the key technologies, if not the technology, that liberates humanity, creates unseen prosperity, unseen freedom, and much more. And as I was talking to him, about Bitcoin, I came to realize that a lot of the stuff that he was talking about is about financial freedom, having responsibility for your future, and a lot of different things that we’ve covered on the show only tangentially, but which really relate to becoming super human. And so I decided to share this interview with you guys here today.
I know Bitcoin is not a topic that you would typically think would be superhuman, but it’s something that I am extremely passionate about, and something that I want to start talking more and more and more about. Put simply, I think it has the potential to really help a lot of people. So throughout the interview, we talk about what it is, why Bitcoin is such a powerful thing, and why Jeffrey is the first economist who came out and said “hey, this this technology has potential to change the world.” We talk about how it’s going to change people’s lives. We talk about how you can get involved and get started (here’s a link to get $10 in Bitcoin free), and much, much more. I hope you enjoy.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Jeffrey Tucker? How did he get into the field of economics? Why is he passionate about it?
- What is the Austrian school of economics? How is it different from other schools of economics?
- What is wrong with our monetary system today? Why are we all at risk?
- What is “counterparty risk,” and why does it represent a flaw with how money works today?
- How has the zeitgeist changed in just the last few years with regards to cryptocurrency?
- What’s the big deal with Bitcoin, anyways? Isn’t it just like PayPal or Venmo?
- What 1 feature of Bitcoin do 99% of people not realize is a massive technological breakthrough?
- What are the qualities of money? Why is it a challenge to create the next generation of money?
- When did Jeffrey Tucker get into Bitcoin? What was the magical ‘a-ha’ moment for him?
- What major challenge did Jeffrey Tucker face when realizing that Bitcoin changed everything he thought he knew?
- What about the fact that Bitcoin has no “intrinsic” value, like Tulip bulbs?
- What role will Bitcoin have? Will it replace “fiat” money? Compete? Will something replace it?
- A discussion about scaling – can Bitcoin scale up to be a major global currency?
- What does Jeffrey Tucker believe the future will look like, thanks to Bitcoin?
- What would Jeffrey Tucker’s advise be to someone who doesn’t know where to get started?
- Jeffrey and I share the #1 best way to get people to “believe” in Bitcoin
- Where can you reach out and learn more about Jeffrey Tucker?
- What is the #1 message that Jeffrey hopes you remember?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Coinbase, a place where you can get your first $10 in Bitcoin free
- Liberty.me, Jeffrey’s previous business
- The Foundation for Economic Education
- Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlet
- Human Action by Ludwig Von Mises