Developing a Healthy Relationship With Food: Daniel Thomas Hind
Today we are joined by Daniel Thomas Hind. He is a transformational coach and the founder of Evolution Eat. Daniel is a nutrition coach specializing in helping individuals create breakthroughs in their lives around their relationships with food.
I discovered a lot of really really interesting things about Daniel throughout this episode, and we completely hit it off. We talked about food and nutrition. We talked about psychology. We talked about habits and we talked about how to game all of it to win your way day by day to better health. From there, we talked about all kinds of hacks and different ways that Daniel etches out the best performance in himself and in his business.
I think you guys are really going to enjoy this episode. I sure did!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who’s Daniel Thomas Hind, what does he do, and how did he get there?
- The surprising story of how Daniel Thomas Hind turned his health around
- A discussion of childhoods, and only childhood
- How did Daniel do it? How did he lose the weight and fix his health?
- What does it mean to have a “relationship” with food? What is the psychology behind Daniel’s work?
- What about portion control? Is that a real thing?
- What is metabolic flexibility?
- Is a “one size fits all” approach applicable? Why or why not?
- How can you determine if you have an unhealthy relationship with food?
- How valid are the excuses that people give themselves, and how can you avoid them?
- How can you increase your willpower? Is willpower even a factor here?
- What are “lead measures” and “lag measures,” and how do you focus on the right one?
- A trick to eliminate risk factors for eating unhealthy foods
- Why modern foods are so damn irresistible to us
- What about “cheat” days or meals? Should you do them or not?
- What’s a step you can take RIGHT NOW, and some homework for this week?
- What other hacks and lifestyle habits does Daniel Thomas Hind use to improve performance?
- What is Daniel’s extremely unusual morning routine? How did he get into it? Why does he do it?
- What is Daniel Thomas Hind’s bedtime routine?
- How can you learn more about Daniel and get in touch with him?
- What is next for Daniel Thomas Hind? What’s he releasing soon that is very exciting?
- What’s the #1 takeaway from this episode?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- EvolutionEat, Daniel’s Company
- The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf
- Wired To Eat by Robb Wolf
- Our first episode with Robb Wolf
- Our second episode by Robb Wolf