We Talk Productivity, Purpose, & Fear w/ Alli Worthington
Greetings, SuperFriends, and welcome to today’s show.
Today we are joined by Alli Worthington, the author of the book Breaking Busy: How to Find Peace & Purpose in a World of Crazy. She’s also the founder of BlissDom, the world’s largest international women’s business conference, the cofounder of the BlissFul Media Group, and the executive Director of the Propel Women leadership initiative. You may have even seen her on The Today Show, Good Morning America, or featured in Sheryl Sandberg’s website, Lean In.
In this episode, we talk about how to break the endless cycle of busy-ness to discover your life’s true meaning and purpose. Given that I’ve recently released a course with one of my mentors on the topic of creating a meaningful life, you guys probably know that this topic is something near and dear to my heart – and so I was very excited to learn from someone as accomplished and thought-provoking as today’s guest. It’s absolutely PACKED with actionable tips and tools that you can implement TODAY to be more productive and feel less stressed. I think you’re going to love it.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Alli Worthington’s amazing story of overcoming adversity and finding her purpose and calling
- A discussion of stress and how we all try to thrive on it
- What 2 symptoms alerted Alli Worthington that she was too stressed?
- How did Alli Worthington learn so much in such a short time to become an expert?
- What is the underlying cause of all of us being so busy, and how do we escape it?
- What are the most powerful productivity tips Alli Worthington uses?
- The power of “firing” customers
- What are the biggest barriers standing between people and their dreams?
- Self-talk and some practical tools for overcoming your fears
- Who are some of the most influential authors and thought leaders that Alli follows?
- The “story arc” and how important it is in business and in life
- What is Alli Worthington working on next?
- A tool-by-tool discussion of how Alli Worthington works (surprising!)
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- BlissFul Media Group, Alli’s company
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Website, Lean In
- Alli’s Book: Breaking Busy: How to Find Peace & Purpose in a World of Crazy
- Slack group chat
- Suzy Welsh’s 10-10-10 system
- A great case study on Best Buy Magnolia
- The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller
- Basecamp by 37Signals
- Evernote, which Alli and I both swear by
- Alli’s website
- Alli on Twitter: @alli